Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Memorial Day - Chicago to DC Updates

Some of you who consider yourself to be Chicago to DC faithful might have noticed the increase in video posts this month. It's true -- music is more than important to me. It's probably the most important thing to me, only to be followed by writing, baseball, and ...breathing.

Some of you might be asking, "Rachel, where has all the writing gone?" Well, the answer is simple. The writing has "gone" to We Love DC. Local and National music coverage, Nationals baseball beat, random news around the District -- if you're looking for it, I've got it covered.

That's why I'm writing this post.

If it's news related to something I'm passionate about, I'm all for it. Problem is I feel I'm lacking that "personal touch" I know I have the ability to bring to any piece of writing. I had been filling that void in my life through Chicago to DC before starting with We Love DC. While I don't feel I've "lost" the personal touch, I do think I need a reality check -- hence the increase in video posts this month.

My music is my lifeline. It brought me up when I was down, gave me solace at my loneliest, and has never left my side since I first picked up a trumpet and guitar at the age of 9.

If you're a fan of anything I've ever written, I beg you give a listen to my recent video uploads either here on this blog or on my YouTube Channel.

Enjoy your holiday weekend. Use it to relax. Maybe listen to a couple tracks while you're at it? Let me know what you think!

Best,

Rachel Levitin

No comments: